Content of the material
How Does The Ford Bronco Roof Work?
Removing the roof is fairly easy. Ford provides a tool kit with everything necessary and storage bags to help keep things secure. The steps vary, of course, depending on the roof style.
Removing The Soft-top Roof
- At the header bar are two latches; begin by flipping them down.
- Then, simply stand up, pushing the top back.
- The rear panels are three pieces. Undo the velcro and fasteners and slide all three panels out.
- Then, to finish folding it down, find the latch near the already-folded top -it’s on the driver’s side.
- Hold it down, which releases the top, and push it completely back.
If you want to remove the assembly and roof entirely, you can do that by following these steps:
- Pop off the two plastic panels in the back of the car – one on either side of the assembly.
- Underneath each panel, three bolts hold the assembly to the car.
- Use a ratchet and 13 mm socket to undo the bolts.
- Now, the assembly can be lifted off with the help of another person.
Removing The Hard Top Roof
Removing the hardtop is easy, though it takes some tools. You will need:
- 10 mm hex socket
- T30 hex tool
- T50 Torx plus
- Triangular bolt tool (for a roof rack)
These tools should all be supplied in a tool kit that came with the Bronco, courtesy of Ford.
1. Removing The Roof Rack
If there’s a roof rack, removing that comes first.
- To begin with, remove the front rack cover. Use the T30 hex tool to remove the screws and pull the cover off.
- Next, use the 10 mm hex socket to remove the rack nuts in the front.
- Then, in the back of the rack, use your Bronco key to open the rear fastener.
- Once the rear fastener is open, use the triangular bolt tool to loosen the fastener.
- Finally, lift the roof rack up and off with the help of a partner.
2. Removing The First Roof Panel
- In the glove box are two plates – install these over the roof rack mounts. In addition, place the cover on top of each plate.
- Fold the sun visors down and then unlatch the header panel.
- Then, unlock the L-shaped locks that hold the first panel to the rest of the roof.
- Lift the first panel off. Repeat for the passenger’s side.
Store these two panels together in the correct storage bag, with the divider between them. Place in the back of the Bronco, standing upright, in the cargo area. Secure the bag strap around the rear headrest to keep it in place, then secure the bottom of the bag to the D-rings in the cargo area.
3. Removing The Center Panel
- Next, undo the center panel by flipping the two latches at the front.
- Then, unlock the L-shaped locks in the back of the panel.
- Remove the center panel, storing and securing it in a safe place.
4. Removing The Rear Panel
- Open the tailgate and lift the tailgate window.
- Disconnect the electrical harness in the cargo area, driver’s side. Plug it into the holding spot in the Bronco.
- Disconnect the hose connector near the electrical harness. Plug it in like the harness.
- Use the T50 Torx plus to remove the two screws holding the panel in place.
- Unscrew the four bolts that are on each side of the rear roof panel.
- Leaving the tailgate window open, lift the rear roof panel up and off with the help of a partner.
- Store it somewhere safe, continuing to leave the tailgate window up.
Can You Take The Doors Off A Ford Bronco (And How To)?
All Ford Broncos come with removable doors – it’s one of their key features! The new Broncos are designed for the doors to fit perfectly in the back for added convenience.
The Bronco even comes with special bags to put each door inside, which protect the door. The bags have labels indicating which door goes in each bag. It also shows you the correct order to store the bags.
- Make sure that the window is down, secured in the door.
- Next, push the side mirrors forward so they are out of the way.
- Then, open the door and disconnect the electrical connector that’s attached to the door.
- Next, undo the 10 mm bolts holding the door.
- Find the correct storage bag for the door, and slide the bag over the door.
- You can now simply lift the door out of place – grab the two handles, one outside and one inside the door.
- Finish zipping the bag up and place it in the back, in the correct order indicated on the bag.
- Secure the bags with the strap in the back of the Bronco.
- Finally, latch the bags together; each bag latches to the bag before it.
Confused? Check out this video:
Removing The Hard-Top
- The header bar of the Bronco has two latches, flip them down.
- Next, push the top back.
- Undo the Velcro and fasteners then slide the three rear panels out.
- There’s a latch bear the folded top, on the driver’s side and hold it down.
To remove the soft-top completely, you can follow the steps below:
- There are two plastic panels at the rear of the Bronco, pop them off.
- There are three bolts under every panel which holds the top to the car, undo the bolts.
- Lift the assembly—you may need an extra hand to detach it from the car.
There’s no doubt that the Ford Bronco is one of the most anticipated SUVs in recent history. With its rugged good looks and off-road capabilities, it’s sure to be a winner on the market. And with the option of having a removable top roof, it’s sure to please fans everywhere.
So, if you’re wondering; Is The Ford Bronco Top Roof Removeable? The answer is yes! It comes standard with either a soft-top or hard-top that can be easily removed by one person in just minutes. So, go ahead and order yours today and enjoy open-air driving at its best.
You may also like these related articles: